[Interest] Google Push Notifications? Anyone's push notifications?

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Thu Aug 27 18:30:47 CEST 2015

27.08.2015, 19:03, "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com>:
> I need to add push notifications to our Qt app for iOS/Android. It looks like Google's service has libraries for iOS and Android. I'm looking for pointers to integrate these libraries on both platforms.
>
> "It'd be really cool if..." Qt supported a uniform API for this, even for QtCloudServices, but it looks like push notifications are not a part of the service offering.

Here is nginx plugin allowing to implement server side:

https://github.com/wandenberg/nginx-push-stream-module

It supports 4 kinds of push notifications:

* long polling (delayed HTTP reply)
* forever iframe (endless chunked HTTP reply)
* websocket
* EventSource aka Server-Sent Events

On Qt side first 2 options can be trivially implemented with QNetworkAccessManager (or any other HTTP client), for websocket there is QtWebSockets.

EventSource protocol is quite trivial though one still has to write some text-processing code for its messages, so it's fair to claim that Qt does not support it out of the box.

--
Regards,
Konstantin