[Interest] Track QQuickText console warning

Croitor Alexandru placinta at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 17:19:17 CEST 2015

So I was able to partially debug the issue, and I thing I found a bug, it
concerns Accessibility.
The Label element is defined as

Text {

    id: label
    // .....
    Accessible.name: text
    Accessible.role: Accessible.StaticText
}

If I remove the Accessible.role property, the issue disappears, as in while
I hover over the label element when it has visible: set to false or
opacity: to 0, the warning message will not appear.

I tracked this down to a call to QRect QAccessibleQuickItem::rect() const
in qaccessiblequickitem.cpp, which does the following:

QRect QAccessibleQuickItem::rect() const {

    const QRect r = itemScreenRect(item());

    if (!r.isValid()) {
        qWarning() << item()->metaObject()->className() <<
item()->property("accessibleText") << r;
    }

    return r;
}

The r rectangle has a 0x0 size, r.isValid is false, and the warning is
generated.

I assume this is a bug, and should be filed to the bug tracker?