[Interest] Qt plugin key stroke events handling (different behaviours on different platforms)

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Wed Dec 2 10:52:15 CET 2015

Hi,

When using Qt to create a plugin window I’m having two different behaviours on Windows and Mac.

On Windows, when the plugin window if I press the keyboard keys, the key events are handled on host application side (regardless of the windows focus) and I can’t use the keyboard for writing.

On Mac, when the plugin window is open and focused, if I press the keyboard keys, the events are handled on the plugin window and I can use the keyboard for writing.

I would like to have both behaviour on both platforms but in a controlled manner. When I need to write text I would like the plugin to handle the key events, then I would disable this behaviour and let the host manage the key strokes.

Is there any window flag that controls this behaviour? I have been googling around but maybe I’m not using the right keywords.

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

With my best regards

Nuno Santos