[Interest] application appearance changing when laptop goes in saving energy mode

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Wed Dec 2 12:05:21 CET 2015

Hello,

Still searching to fix that one.

I can now reproduce it at leasure: If I connect my laptop to an external
monitor, launch the application, then unplug the external monitor and
hover the mouse on the windows bar to make it appear (autohide is
activated), my application AND QtCreator changes font, palette and
style.

Then only way to get normal look back is to restart application.
Reloading style, stylesheet, palette and font at application level does
not fix existing widgets once they are corrupted.

I cannot find what trigger this, nor at qApp's event level or at
QMainWindow level or at widget's level.

I am using qt 5.5.1 on windows 10. It does not seem to occur on Windows
7 as far as I can tell.

I have users complaining about that too so it is not just me ;)

Any idea how to catch what is causing that and avoid it? Since it occurs
also in QtCreator maybe I should open a bug report...

Thanks
Philippe Lelong