[Interest] Unable to make deb file of Qt 5.5 app in Ubuntu 14.04

Manoj Patidar manojpatidar at cdnsol.com
Thu Dec 3 10:43:32 CET 2015

Hi,

I have written shell script file as per below.

#!/bin/sh
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`/QT_LIBRARIES
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=`pwd`/plugins
export QML2_IMPORT_PATH=`pwd`/qml
./MyApp

*QT_LIBRARIES -* I have put all the dependencies libraries (which I have
found from ldd command) of MyApp into this folder.
*plugins - *I have copied whole plugins folder
(/opt/Qt5.5.0/5.5/gcc_64/plugins) of QT 5.5 .
*qml -* I have copied whole qml folder (/opt/Qt5.5.0/5.5/gcc_64/qml) of
QT 5.5.

Now I have created MyApp executable from cmake and make command by using
CMakeLists.txt file. I have set QT path in Into CMakeLists.txt file as
per below.

*set (CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH ${CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH}
";/opt/Qt5.5.0/5.5/gcc_64/lib/cmake;")*

But still when I run the executable the I am getting "segmentation fault
core dumped error" .

I am just guessing that I am getting segmentation fault issue because
MyAPP taking reference of xcb plugin and it couldn't find or load xcb
plugin properly.

Thanks,