[Interest] ideas how to debug this crash?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 11:04:33 CET 2015

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> The culprit is plugin unloading coupled with QStringLiteral. I'm fixing Qt so
> that it doesn't unload plugins.
>
> See https://codereview.qt-project.org/140750.

OK, will have a look if that's a solution for 5.5 if I don't find a better one
(sounds more like a workaround to me ;)).

> Remove the offending plugin, if possible. It might not be: the offending
> plugin might be the XCB plugin.

Actually, this happens with both the XCB and the Cocoa QPA. It *may* be related
to something KUniqueApplication does, or else something more specific in this
particular application (kdebugdialog5).

If you mean remove the QPlatformPlugin, that's kind of not an option. The
ultimate goal is to enable/allow the interface fine-tuning KF5 applications
contain (notably the font specification but why not also colour palettes and/or
icon themes). From what I understand that can only be done by allowing
QPlatformPlugins. And it works, I just have this crash-on-exit to deal with.

Thanks,
R.