[Interest] ideas how to debug this crash?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 18:53:43 CET 2015

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> On Tuesday 08 December 2015 00:12:27 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
>> Any ideas how to figure out the culprit?
>
> The culprit is plugin unloading coupled with QStringLiteral. I'm fixing Qt so
> that it doesn't unload plugins.
>
> See https://codereview.qt-project.org/140750.

Thanks, that did the trick! In the end I think it had nothing to do with the
platform theme plugin per se. The same application (kdebugdialog5) has a "full"
mode which crashed with a very similar crash on exit even when using the native
Mac platform theme (and on Linux without the KdePlatformTheme).

R.