[Interest] [Qt3D] Camera controller

Nye kshegunov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 15:51:32 CET 2015

Hello,
I wish to have the camera movement bound to a certain "slice" of the world
space. I didn't see that to be available through the default
implementation, so I assume I'd have to write my own component that
implements the input aspect and attach it to my camera. I've gone through
the sources, because at this point the documentation is pretty thin.
Unfortunately, I don't seem able to grasp at this point how the aspect will
notify my component of the input events. I have 2 questions:
1. For my case, am I assuming correctly that I'd need my own component to
realize that functionality?
2. If I do need a separate component, how can I make it? I understand that
I have to subclass from QComponent, but how would I be notified for the
input events occurring? Do I need to implement some other classes to make
it work (I saw a number of "functors" created in Qt3D's source)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Konstantin.