[Interest] New CI for Qt (and OpenSource Qt/QtC 3rd parties)

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Wed Dec 9 08:22:10 CET 2015

El Monday 07 December 2015, Ch'Gans escribió:
> Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but I was thinking recently about
> adding contributor projects to some sort of CI.
>
> There's some nice Qt libraries around and some nice out-of-tree
> QtCreator plugins in the wild, wouldn't it be nice if such Open Source
> projects were integrated in such CI systems?
> Even if they are clearly marked as
> unsupported/unofficial/untested/<insert-your-statement-here>?

I've seen some open source projects use Travis CI (or Appveyor or similar)
integrated in their Github workflows to provide not only the continuous
integration (e.g. run the tests at every push) but also to provide the
compiled "artifacts" to users.

I think it will be difficult for the Qt project to support all third party
libraries or applications out there, and I don't think that the same
infrastructure has to be shared in order to be useful to the same degree.

However, the Qt Installer Framework has a repository system that it could be
useful for 3rd parties to provide their add-ons in a nice user interface. And
if that is too difficult, there is QPM and Qt-Pods, which already have nicely
packaged the source code.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2