[Interest] New CI for Qt (and OpenSource Qt/QtC 3rd parties)

Ch'Gans chgans at gna.org
Wed Dec 9 10:31:31 CET 2015

On 9 December 2015 at 20:22, Alejandro Exojo <suy at badopi.org> wrote:
> El Monday 07 December 2015, Ch'Gans escribió:
>> Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but I was thinking recently about
>> adding contributor projects to some sort of CI.
>>
>> There's some nice Qt libraries around and some nice out-of-tree
>> QtCreator plugins in the wild, wouldn't it be nice if such Open Source
>> projects were integrated in such CI systems?
>> Even if they are clearly marked as
>> unsupported/unofficial/untested/<insert-your-statement-here>?
>
> I've seen some open source projects use Travis CI (or Appveyor or similar)
> integrated in their Github workflows to provide not only the continuous
> integration (e.g. run the tests at every push) but also to provide the
> compiled "artifacts" to users.
>
> I think it will be difficult for the Qt project to support all third party
> libraries or applications out there, and I don't think that the same
> infrastructure has to be shared in order to be useful to the same degree.
>
> However, the Qt Installer Framework has a repository system that it could be
> useful for 3rd parties to provide their add-ons in a nice user interface. And
> if that is too difficult, there is QPM and Qt-Pods, which already have nicely
> packaged the source code.

Could you elaborate on this Qt Installer Framework repository, maybe
just send a link?

For those who don't know about QPM and Qt-POD (like me 5 minutes ago):
 - http://www.qt-pods.org (qmake based, in source tree, project
dependency management)
 - https://www.qpm.io (project dependency building and packaging system)

Haven't try them yet.