[Interest] QML: enums and overloads

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri Dec 11 19:37:54 CET 2015

I have an object with the following member function:
QString hashData(QCryptographicHash::Algorithm alg, QString filename, bool useSalt=false);

First, 1 get:
Error: Unable to determine callable overload.  Candidates are:
    hashData(QCryptographicHash::Algorithm,QString)
    hashData(QCryptographicHash::Algorithm,QString,bool)

because of the default parameter. How can I resolve that?

And 2nd, (when I resolve that by removing the default) I get:
 Error: Unknown method parameter type: QCryptographicHash::Algorithm

How do I provide the  QCryptographicHash::Algorithm to QML?

Thanks!