[Interest] zipping with Qt

Michael Vetter jubalh at openmailbox.org
Fri Dec 11 21:44:35 CET 2015

Hello list,

I am developing an application which should have a custom file format
which in reality will just be a .tar.gz file. In is will be some xml
files and images. I will need to install such a file and have in in my
applications data folder.

When looking for how to uncompress and compress files using Qt it seemd
to me that the best way to do it would be to use zlib and the quazip
wrapper.

I installed both devel packages via my distributions package manager:
zypper in quazip-devel zlib-devel

In my .pro file I added:
LIBS += -lquazip -lz

And in my source files I wanted to test everything with a quick:
#include <quazip/JlCompress.h>
JlCompress::compressDir("/home/user/test/afile.zip",
"/home/user/test/thedir/");

Which results everytime in a segfault.

Does anybody spot my mistake?
I dont guess I need to specify include and library paths in the pro
file since its in the systems standard location?

Hope somebody has an idea about this.

regards,
Michael