[Interest] Using std::string in android projects

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Wed Dec 30 23:05:02 CET 2015

I'm trying to use a library that uses std::strings. However when the string is assigned, I get a crash at 0xdeadcab1
(see https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/bfa632c/sources/cxx-stl/gabi++/src/terminate.cc#52)

I think this is because I am improperly linking the library. Can anyone tell me what I need to know to have std::strings work with Qt?

My .pro android block:
android {
	QT += androidextras
	LIBS += -L/Users/jhihn/Downloads/android-ndk-r10e/platforms/android-9/arch-arm/usr/lib/ -lstlport_shared
	LDLIBS += -l -lc -lm -ldl -lgcc
	ANDROID_PACKAGE_SOURCE_DIR = $$PWD/android
	ANDROID_EXTRA_LIBS += /Users/jhihn/Downloads/android-ndk-r10e/sources/cxx-stl/stlport/libs/armeabi-v7a/libstlport_shared.so
}