[Interest] Using std::string in android projects

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Dec 31 00:48:37 CET 2015

On Wednesday 30 December 2015 23:05:02 Jason H wrote:
> I'm trying to use a library that uses std::strings. However when the string
> is assigned, I get a crash at 0xdeadcab1 (see
> https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/bfa632c/sources/cxx-stl/gab
> i++/src/terminate.cc#52)

That's the std::terminate's default handler. That handler is called when an
exception is thrown but not caught. What exception was thrown? Can you put a
catch block to see what it was?

> My .pro android block:
> android {
> 	QT += androidextras
> 	LIBS +=
> -L/Users/jhihn/Downloads/android-ndk-r10e/platforms/android-9/arch-arm/usr/
> lib/ -lstlport_shared

Why are you using stlport? Can't you use libstdc++ like everyone else does?
For that matter, didn't I read a day or two ago that Android had switched the
NDK to Clang/LLVM, so libc++ should be the one people would use?

>     LDLIBS += -l -lc -lm -ldl -lgcc

This line does nothing.