[Interest] make qjsondocument recognize utf8 as utf8

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Dec 31 14:03:30 CET 2015

On Thu, 31 Dec 2015, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> On Thursday 31 December 2015 13:52:09 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

>>> This very same program, with the very same input file, prints:
>>>
>>> Valid
>>
>> Well, yes, that's my problem: on ubuntu 15.10, it prints valid, but on
>> centos 6.7, invalid.
>
> What's the Qt error string in that CentOS?

When running moc, the error was:

Warning: Plugin Metadata file "krita_tiff_import.json" does not contain a valid JSON object. Declaration will be ignored

> What is the Qt version on your Kubuntu?

Also 5.5.1

> And what are the processors on both machines?

The centos 6.7 is actually a chrooted livecd with unionfs running on the kubuntu machine, so it's the same processor.

I was wondering whether there is any environment variable that influences the way the qbytearray is interpreted, apart from LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm now building my own 5.5.1 in the chroot to see if I can figure out more.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org