[Interest] double-buffering, quality drop

Alexander Semke Alexander.Semke at web.de
Tue Feb 3 09:25:08 CET 2015

> Which Qt version?
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-42330
> Is perhaps related?
4.8.5 in openSuse 13.1

Actually, without painter.setRenderHint(QPainter::SmoothPixmapTransform,
true); the quality is even worser... But I don't really understand why this
render hint has an effect at all.

The size of the pixmap is equal to the size of the graphics item

QPixmap pixmap(boundingRectangle.width(), boundingRectangle.height());

and there is nothing to scale/transform when doing drawPixmap:

painter->drawPixmap(boundingRectangle.topLeft(), m_pixmap);

What  I don't exactly understand yet are the different units used here. The
size of the graphics item is in scene units, the size of the pixmap is in
pixels(?). But one pixel is not equal to one scene unit. Why do I get the
correct size of the curve without doing any scaling in paint()?

--
Alexander