[Interest] Additional output from QtCore

Valery Kotov kotov.valery at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 15:22:40 CET 2015

Greetings everybody!

I'm looking for a piece of advice. Let me describe the problem. We have
QTimer which emits a signal each N seconds. The timer has queued connection
between "timeout" signal and sltTimeout slot. The slot has some output (to
identify if the signal was emitted).
For some time we have everything working perfectly fine: timer emit signal
each N seconds and sltTimeout printouts appeared each N seconds. At some
moment in time we stop receiving them, but other traces from the process
are available. Unfortunately, as far as connection is queued we can't
really say if the signal was emitted but was not handled.
Is there any way to get any additional information from QtQore about it's
internal message queue? I think it could give us some intuition why we
missed QTimer event. Could you point at some modules or classes in qtbase
which can give me an impression about what is going on inside qt?
I would really appreciate any advises from your side.

Thank you!
--
Sincerely yours,
Valery Kotov