[Interest] How to do a correct drop shadow on a QML Rect?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri Feb 6 05:01:08 CET 2015

These flat interfaces are all the rage these days. So I want to make a drop shadow. However the two approaches I can think of don't work.

First is the QML DropShadow element. This creates a shadow of a constant color when the source is a rect. It is pixel-equivalent to just another Rect, so that is out.

The next is doing my own drop shadow by using 2 Rect with a gradient. (horizontal + vertical) This will render a continuous gradient (good) but won't do the bottom right corner. You can either double blend it, or skip it. Either way, it doesn't look right.

So is there a way to shadow a rect?