[Interest] Installing on a headless server

Bo Thorsen bo at vikingsoft.eu
Fri Feb 6 08:56:01 CET 2015

On 02/05/2015 09:04 PM, Jason H wrote:
> I need to install Qt (Enterprise) on a headless server (CentOS) (I use -platform minimal) . There is only the GUI installer.
>
> How can I get Qt installed on the server so I can generate reports?
>
> --OR--
>
> How can I build my package for distribution (incl deps)  to the headless server?

Forget the binary package, it's impossible for you to use in this case.

Take the centos Qt source package(s?), replace the opensource sources
with the enterprise sources in the package, rename to qt-enterprise or
something, build the package.

That will give you a set of native centos packages with dependency info
in them and an easy upgrade path later. It also allows you to easily
distribute patches, if you need them.

Bo Thorsen,
Director, Viking Software.

--