[Interest] QMediaPlayer with H.264 Camera over RTSP

Lopes Yoann Yoann.Lopes at theqtcompany.com
Fri Feb 6 15:10:11 CET 2015

On 03 Feb 2015, at 16:48, FROMME Edwin <e.fromme at spikenet-technology.com<mailto:e.fromme at spikenet-technology.com>> wrote:

So, i wrote a code based on QMediaPlayer displayed by a homemade class inherits from QAbstractVideoSurface. When I load local file, everything works fine but when I load a RTSP URL, there is nothing going. In add, Qt does not issue an error message following the opening of this stream.  (WMF plugin is loaded correctly at startup of my application.)

I'm on Windows 7 (x64) Ultimate and I use Qt 5.4.0.

Have you some research leads ? or solutions ?

Windows is very limited when it comes to native RTSP support, it only supports ASF and MP3 formats.

You can get more information there: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-37999

—
Yoann