[Interest] QML Blurred semt-transparent backgorounds?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri Feb 6 17:48:16 CET 2015

I have some overlays over video that I want to blur, like in the latest Apple products. I can to the opacity easily enough, but how do I blur the background of a rect?  Especially when it is over video.I figure I need to set the source of the blur to a region of the VideoPlayer (and whatever may be stacked between that and the VideoPlayer, but I don't know how to do that. (excise a portion of the screen then render over it without feeding back)

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!