[Interest] Qt 5.4 missing /opt/lib/libzip.dylib on OS X

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 18:32:51 CET 2015

On Friday February 06 2015 11:23:05 Michael Jackson wrote:

> I got around the issue by building zlib myself and installing to the "missing" path. This is at best a kludge and just really should not be needed.

I don't know what kind of development you're doing, but it would be less of a kludge to install MacPorts as it can really save one a lot of work installing dependencies.

However, that nor your kludge would have allowed you to find the glitch in Digia's package - in the QtCore library I have installed through that same installer (dated Jan. 5th of this year) that same library is referenced ...

The proper way to repair this is

%> install_name_tool -change /opt/local/lib/libz.1.dylib /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib  /Users/Shared/Toolkits/Qt-5.4.0/5.4/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/QtCore

That way you can use whatever bundling methods you use to bundle the Qt libraries with your products.

> At least I am not going insane thinking my own libraries were linking against a nonexistent library.

The output from otool already showed that, before my answer!

R.