[Interest] double-buffering, quality drop

Alexander Semke Alexander.Semke at web.de
Fri Feb 6 20:20:10 CET 2015

Am Freitag, 6. Februar 2015, 09:19:22 schrieb Reinhardt Behm:
> I think you misinterpret (no offense intended) the concept of
> [...]
Thanks for the correction/clarification.

> I think you should create a separate painter for painting on your internal
> pixmap and use the supplied painter to paint() to the draw the pixmap (on
> the view).
That's the way how it's currently implemented in our code. The starting point
of this discussion was the quality drop introduced by this as demonstrated in
the attached files. Now I'm looking for the reason for this quality drop.
The idea of Michael and Felix was to reuse the painter passed to paint()...

> You might also have a look at http://www.qcustomplot.com. They are doing
> something similar as you.
Yes, I'm aware of this project and I had a look into the code couple of month
ago. This technique is used in other similar projects too.

--
Alexander