[Interest] Qt 5.4 missing /opt/lib/libzip.dylib on OS X

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Feb 6 23:06:18 CET 2015

On Friday 06 February 2015 13:12:32 Michael Jackson wrote:
> NO. The _proper_ way is that Digia's package is updated and corrected. Why
> do _I_ have to fix their problems. And why aren't they building on a
> completely clean OS X machine that just has the necessary Apple supplied
> compilers?

Because some things from MacPorts are required to build everything in Qt --
for example, D-Bus comes from MacPorts in order to enable QtDBus to build in
5.4.0; the MySQL and PostgreSQL client libraries are required in order to
build the SQL plugins. Apparently, doing that leaked zlib into the build.

Indeed it's a bug, but there's a good reason for them.