[Interest] Deploying Qt to MacOs still...errr, sucks?

Hamish Moffatt hamish at risingsoftware.com
Mon Feb 9 23:54:18 CET 2015

On 10/02/15 05:11, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Monday February 09 2015 18:41:06 Till Oliver Knoll wrote:
>
>> Just recently there was a discussion that some pre-build Qt library errorneously links with libz located in /opt (Mac Ports), instead of /usr (=Apple).
>> You apparently just hit that same problem with Qt 5.4.
> That discussion *was* about Qt 5.4 . Until Digia releases a new package, you can correct the dependency yourself:
>
> %> install_name_tool -change /opt/local/lib/libz.1.dylib /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib /path/to/Qt5/5.4/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/QtCore

I think there are also problems with libxslt.1.dylib and
libsqlite3.0.dylib. macdeployqt is complaining here about both missing
from /opt/local/lib, and both are in /usr/lib.

Weirdly I also have macdeployqt complaining about missing
/Library/lib/Firebird.framework, even though no object in my Qt install
references that path. It does reference
/Library/Frameworks/Firebird.framework, but the path is getting munged
somewhere.

Hamish