[Interest] Deploying Qt to MacOs still...errr, sucks?

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 19:11:57 CET 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 6:08 AM, Mike Krus <mike.krus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this tool is quite useful: https://github.com/auriamg/macdylibbundler
> does the install_name_tool dance for the libs that macdeployqt ignores.
> So I run macdeployqt, then dylibbundler
> Then I still need a script to handle other plugins (for example of OSG).
> And do the code signing…
> And build a nice dmg…

If you're using Qt 5 (maybe only 5.4), macdeployqt may be able to help with
the code signing and possibly the dmg part:

/qtbuild5/install/mac64/bin/macdeployqt --help

Usage: macdeployqt app-bundle [options]

   -verbose=<0-3>     : 0 = no output, 1 = error/warning (default), 2 =
normal, 3 = debug

   -no-plugins        : Skip plugin deployment

   -dmg               : Create a .dmg disk image

   -no-strip          : Don't run 'strip' on the binaries

   -use-debug-libs    : Deploy with debug versions of frameworks and
plugins (implies -no-strip)

   -executable=<path> : Let the given executable use the deployed
frameworks too

   -qmldir=<path>     : Deploy imports used by .qml files in the given path

   -always-overwrite  : Copy files even if the target file exists

   -codesign=<ident>  : Run codesign with the given identity on all
executables

I haven't tried using the -codesign flag because I came up with my own
script to do that before it was possible to do it using macdeployqt.

Adam