[Interest] How to deal with database specific syntax

Dmitriy Purgin dpurgin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 03:59:18 CET 2015

Hi,

Actually I don't think it's a Qt-related question but here's my approach to
it.

Since you struggle with both syntaxes, you may want to try and encapsulate
SQL code to stored procedures on the DB side and by that I mean not only
simple data retrieval or updating but also the business logic. You are
still obliged to support both DB backends but at least it will reduce the
dependencies in your C++ program down to supporting the stored procedure
call syntax which is pretty simple. Here you may also gain a performance
boost since the data operations are as close to data as it can be.

Regards
Dmitriy Purgin