[Interest] Forcing version of python when building on CentOS6, also, versions for flex and bison

Simon Matthews simon at matthews.eu
Fri Feb 13 05:30:45 CET 2015

In my quest to build Qt5 with WebKit on CentOS5, I have come across
another problem. As stated, the build requires python 2.6 or later. The
default version of Python on CentOS 5 is 2.4. There is a Python26 package
available and I have installed this.

The python26 package installs the executable into /usr/bin/python26. How
do I make the build process use this? I have tried aliasing: alias
python=python26
however, the build still seems to use python 2.4 (/usr/bin/python). There
doesn't seem to be a configuration option to set the python binary.

Also, what are the minimum versions of flex and bison? I think that the
build will need a newer version of flex (am looking at some errors right
now that imply this) and perhaps a newer version of bison.

I found that I need to enable opengl in order for the build of WebKit to
be successful and now dealing with new issues.

Simon