[Interest] QTcpSocket::connectToHost very slow with IPv6

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Fri Feb 13 09:34:22 CET 2015

Hi Thiago,

Windows ping -6 to the IPv6 address has no delay.
The DNS issue was my first guess, but now I specifically resolve the name
with QHostInfo,  which takes no time, and select either the resulting v4 or
v6 address (it returns both) to give it to connectToHost

Last time I did packet sniffing was in 2003 at university. What is the best
windows 7 tool for doing that? I have no "junk" machine for testing so it
should be cleanly removable!

Thanks,

Etienne