[Interest] BSP index implementation

ecir hana ecir.hana at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 11:02:45 CET 2015

Dear list!

Please, could someone explain to me how the BSP index of QGraphicsScene
works?

Specifically, how is it possible that `items` return a list sorted by
z-value? Is it a property of BSP index or are the items explicitly
“z-sorted” after a the index narrows down the possible candidates?

Also, if BSP is used with triangles, the slitting plate of a triangle might
cut another triangle into halves. QGraphicsScene does not operate over
triangles but, I presume, over minimum bounding rectangles. Where does the
splitting plane cut through? Is it axis-aligned?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Ecir Hana