[Interest] Force Qt 5.4 to use ANGLE OpenGL ES 2 implementation

Roberto Garrido Martín robertogarridomartin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 11:55:56 CET 2015

Hi,

On 15 February 2015 at 10:08, Andrew Knight <qt at panimo.net> wrote:

> FTA, use the QT_OPENGL environment variable (set QT_OPENGL=angle) or the
> application attribute (QCoreApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_UseOpenGLES)).
> From your results below, it doesn't appear you've tried either.

Setting QCoreApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_UseOpenGLES) actually worked,
thanks!
Here the debug message:

qt.qpa.gl: Qt: Using EGL from libEGLd.dll
qt.qpa.gl: Qt: Using OpenGL ES 2.0 from libGLESv2d.dll
qt.qpa.gl: QWindowsEGLStaticContext::create Created EGL display 0x4dc49c8 v
1 . 4
qt.qpa.gl: QWindowsIntegration::createPlatformOpenGLContext
QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags(), depthBufferSize 24,
redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize
-1, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior 2, swapInterval 1,
profile  0)

Now I'm having another error. We are using Glew-1.12.0 in order to load the
non-Core OpenGL 1.1 functions on windows. In order to initialize
Glew-1.12.0, glewInit() must be called first. it returns GLEW_OK when the
initialization was successfull. It does work with Desktop OpenGL , but with
GLES it returns "Missing GL Version".

Besides, functions like glGetIntegerv   (GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE,
&maxTextureSize), are returning garbage values. It's like the OpenGL ES
context was not created properly, so the the OpenGL commands don't work.

I have called QOpenGLContext::currentContext()->makeCurrent(_appWindow);
before our rendering library initialization, but the result is the same.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Robert.