[Interest] -platform -minimal does not render text

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Feb 17 18:28:11 CET 2015

On Tuesday 17 February 2015 18:06:29 Jason H wrote:
> Or more importantly, it is rendering characters as black boxes.
>
> To back up, I have a headless server (AWS AMI). It generates PDFs using
> QPdfWriter.
>
> When on my desktop (Mint 17.1) I can render reports just fine without
> "-platform minimal". Then to test the server command line on my desktop I
> add "-platform minimal" on the command line and that's where I have a
> problem. Anything non-text is fine, but text is rendered as uniform solid
> black squares.
>
> Thoughts? Do I need to install font? How do I troubleshoot this?

Hi Jason

Why are you using the minimal platform in the first place? It's meant for
learning how to make a new platform, not for actually using it in a system.
Are you writing a new platform? If so, please use the dev mailing list for the
discussion. If not, what is the use you had that led you to minimal?

If you want to continue using minimal, you'll have to fix the problem yourself
and submit the patch.