[Interest] Logging meta call events

Bernhard private at bernhard-lindner.de
Tue Feb 17 23:34:29 CET 2015

> > Here is the more detailed problem description on SO:
> > http://stackoverflow.com/q/28565258/1421332
> >
> > Does someone know how this can be achieved?
>
> Why do you need to log meta call events? Why do you care that a Qt class
> internally called another one via meta call?

I don't. I want to log event to the objects of my state engine hierarchy
only.

> This question sounds to me like an XY situation: you have a problem (X)
and
> you think you need to take a course of action (Y) to solve it, so you ask
us
> about doing Y. You should instead describe situation X so we may offer
> alternatives.

I don't understand. There is a signal driven state engine. I want to log the
queued signals that drive that engine. It is that simple.

The only alternative I can think of is to implement my own meta call like
system where I have access to the events but that would be a pain.

> If you REALLY need this, you can use the QSignalSpy hook. It won't log
direct
> meta calls like QMetaObject::invokeMethod and events, but it will give you
> access to all signals and slots as they're called. But you're on your own
if you
> do it. Or instead make a unit test with QtTest and pass the -vs option,
which
> will cause it to log for you.

This would not allow me to integrate the findings into my custom state
engine log (which also contains transitions and a lot more things in
chronological order).

--
Kind Regards
Bernhard Lindner