[Interest] Can QML do this animation?

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Wed Feb 18 15:38:56 CET 2015

Jason H schreef op 18-2-2015 om 15:03:

> Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 5:44 AM
> From: "Mark Gaiser" <markg85 at gmail.com>
> To: "Qt Interest" <interest at qt-project.org>
> Subject: Re: [Interest] Can QML do this animation?
>
>>> On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 1:18 AM, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
>>> Yes, I think 80% of it is 100% do-able.
>>> Rotation defined by bytes receiced, with bounce easing.
>>> The only issue  is the drain animation. I'd probably use   Canvas and mathmatically define the position of a set of control points as a function of time. Feed those to a >> path, and you've got all the makings of a drain effect.
>>>
>>> I actually don't mind the drain animation, it's nice, but i never imagine a progressbar to drain in that way :)
>>> But i do like to - try and - make a progressbar in the same fashion with a tooltip floating above it. Guess it's time to play with QML and see how far i can get with this
>
> Well  That's the easist part! Just do things as a percentage.
> Implementation is left to the reader.
The real fun starts when you want to change the rotation of the sign
with the speed (or better: acceleration and decelleration) of the
download with a nice animation :-)

Still: I think the "draining" of the progress on a fail is nice little
touch. As is the morphing from a download button into a progress bar and
back.

André