[Interest] Qt5.4 VS2008 Win7 DirectX SDK (June 2010) build fails.

Blasche Alexander alexander.blasche at theqtcompany.com
Thu Feb 19 08:43:20 CET 2015

Hi,

You are trying to build angle with MSVC 2008 and DirectX which is no longer supported. For details check the reference platforms:

http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-5.4/supported-platforms.html#reference-configurations

Angle with DirectX requires a fairly up-to-date MS compiler. Chances are you may not even be able to build it with 2010 either. You could try to build angle with OpenGL.

MSVC2008 only really exists to support Windows CE only and Win CE does not use Angle.

--

Alex