[Interest] "-glib" has no effect?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 03:34:07 CET 2015

On 21/02/15 00:08, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Friday 20 February 2015 22:51:40 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>> The only question remaining now is whether invokeMethod() needs the
>> GMainLoop thread to be started by a QThread for Qt::QueuedConnection
>> invocations to be guaranteed to work, or if a GThread will do. It seems
>> to work with a GThread just fine, but this might be just circumstantial?
>
> The origin of the call is irrelevant. The important part is that the target
> thread (the thread the object is associated with) be running a
> QEventDIspatcherWin32.

Thanks. Since the target thread is the GUI thread, that should be
guaranteed.

Last question (I promise :-P): is there a way to detect at runtime
whether Qt has glib support? Right now I'm simply assuming that all
Linux users have a Qt built with "-glib" (so in that case a glib event
loop is not used.) But can the case where it was built with "-no-glib"
be detected?