[Interest] Http Proxy connection woes

Jason Kretzer Jason at gocodigo.com
Wed Feb 25 14:27:57 CET 2015

Authentication is NTLM.  Would I need to modify anything to account for that?

-Jason

//------------------------------//
   Jason R. Kretzer
   Lead Application Developer
   Jason at gocodigo.com<mailto:Jason at gocodigo.com>
//-----------------------------//

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com<mailto:thiago.macieira at intel.com>>
To: "interest at qt-project.org<mailto:interest at qt-project.org>" <interest at qt-project.org<mailto:interest at qt-project.org>>
Subject: Re: [Interest] Http Proxy connection woes

On Tuesday 24 February 2015 13:24:24 Jason Kretzer wrote:
Here is the thing:
I have software that is generally “proxy aware.”  I have it running behind
other proxies and they seem to work.  The software is now running behind
another proxy and I cannot seem to connect to the outside world using it.
Here is the code in main.cpp:
QNetworkProxy proxy;
proxy.setType(QNetworkProxy::HttpProxy);
proxy.setHostName(hostName);
proxy.setPort(port);
proxy.setUser(uname);
proxy.setPassword(pw);
QNetworkProxy::setApplicationProxy(proxy);
I have validated with the client that it is an HttpProxy.  I have left out
how I get the settings, but they are accurate and in the proper format.
The uname/pw are windows authentication and I tried it with both
“adomain\bob” and “bob at domain.com<mailto:“bob at domain.com>”.

What's the authentication method this proxy server uses? HTTP Basic? Or is it
NTLM?

Anyway, when it runs, this line —  qDebug() << "ConnectToHost Error String:
" << socket.errorString(); Prints:
DEBUG: ConnectToHost Error String:  "Error communicating with HTTP proxy”
Just as an extra piece of information, I also tried it with a SOCKS5
ProxyType and the line printed: DEBUG: ConnectToHost Error String:  "Socket
operation timed out"
Is there some obvious thing I am missing here?

500 milliseconds may be too short. You may be facing network congestion.
Increase to 10 seconds.