[Interest] Alternative way to make photo viewer application for mobile platform

Ben Lau xbenlau at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 06:08:55 CET 2015

Hi all,

I am making a mobile application for iOS and Android that will provide a
photo viewer. Just like other photo viewer did, it need to support flicking
(with physical simulation) and pinching for zoom-in and out. I use
Flickable + PInchArea to implement the features. However, it is not quite
working in Qt 5.4. Flicking is ok , but pinching area do not work as
expected. It is not sensitive for two fingers touch. The most
successful way to get it works is to put the fingers on the screen at the
SAME time. User will not accept the behaviour.

I have already report the bug with example project provided:
[QTBUG-44645] Flickable and PinchArea are not working well together - Qt
Bug Tracker <https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-44645>

Anyway , I am not reporting for the bug here. Instead I would like to seek
for alternative method to implement the feature (e.g not using pinch area?
). Downgrade to 5.3.2 may not work for me , I have few components that need
5.4 feature (e.g the native control for Android)..

Any suggestions are highly welcome.

Thanks.