[Interest] Unable to build with CONFIG+=debug due to missing libraries

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 13:01:33 CET 2015

On Linux, I can always build my project with CONFIG+=debug and debug it.
I don't have a debug version of Qt installed. Just the release one.

But when building for Windows, this doesn't work:

   qmake CONFIG+=debug
   make
   make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'libQt5Widgetsd.a'

Why is that? I'm not trying to debug Qt. I just want to debug my own app
by having it build with debug compiler flags. The only way I can do that
for Windows is manually specifying QMAKE_*FLAGS, which is cumbersome.

Is this a bug, or intended on Windows?