[Interest] Testing with Windows Phone, first impressions

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Mon Jan 5 08:39:38 CET 2015

On 05/01/2015 07:56, Matthias Degenkolb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> also played with my Lumia 630 and Qt 5.4 in the last days.
> I can successfully build and deploy Non-Qt Apps with Visual Studio
> 2013, also I manage to build & deploy a Qt-based app to the Windows Phone.
>
> BUT:
> - I cannot debug. From some postings I saw that you have to convert
> the .pro to Visual Studio project (for debugging?), however Visual
> Studio Express always says it cannot open the created .vcxproj file
> (something like "this edition does not support native projects" -->
> but I can use C++-based Windows Phone projects without issues ...).
> - The app runs smoothly on Win32 (mingw) and Android (ok, Qt 5.3.2,
> haven't tried Android and 5.4 yet). However on Windows Phone I see the
> Qt splash screen (it doesn't show on other platforms) and then
> everything stays white.

I submitted https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-43604
about my problems.   I had not even tried debugging yet, but seems that
you are right.   When looking at kits, it has a warning icon about "No
debugger setup" and
in debuggers tab none are auto-detected.   I wonder if it could be setup
manually...

I'm a bit surprised that WinRT support made it prominently to Qt 5.4
release notes, given these problems.   But given that public support,
now the problems should be addressed quickly, so I'm not complaining too
loudly... :)

Harri