[Interest] Testing with Windows Phone, first impressions

Matthias Degenkolb matthias.degenkolb at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 5 20:01:27 CET 2015

Hi again,

ok: finally I found the issue: In my Package.appxmanifest file there was
some fields empty.
Setting UUId to
  <Identity
    Name="a0ab7a42-1e3d-43f6-8ead-8b01b88a4e0f"
[...] and
  <mp:PhoneIdentity
    PhoneProductId="a0ab7a42-1e3d-43f6-8ead-8b01b88a4e0f"
    PhonePublisherId="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" />

gets the app compiling & starting properly. Maybe a beginner's mistake from
my side?

However, app is painfully slow at startup and also for seconds no touch is
reacting. After a while it seems to work.
Will test more detailed tomorrow as the app requires server connectivity,
but don't have server with me currently.

Regards,
Matthias

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,
Matthias Degenkolb
Welfenstr 8a
90475 Nürnberg
matthias.degenkolb at googlemail.com