[Interest] Testing new QML QtWebView 1.0

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Tue Jan 6 08:35:53 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm looking at Qt5.4.0/Examples/QtWebView/1.0/webview
example on Android.

It seems that documentation for it is wrong.
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtwebkit-webview.html
mentions

Import Statement: 	import QtWebKit 3.0

yet the example has

import QtWebView 1.0

(note that QtWebView has a red underline in editor)

Also the doc promises loadHtml() method, but that does not seem to exist.

I'm not sure what is going on, perhaps some confusion with QtQuick1
WebView which I believe was completely different, based on WebKit?

Also, I believe I saw something go by looking like on desktop WebEngine
would be used to implement WebView?

Searching in bugreports is a bit tedious as the name has been recycled,
adding to the confusion.

Any guidance?

Harri