[Interest] Testing new QML QtWebView 1.0

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Tue Jan 6 09:44:06 CET 2015

On 06/01/2015 08:35, Harri Pasanen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at Qt5.4.0/Examples/QtWebView/1.0/webview
> example on Android.
>
> It seems that documentation for it is wrong.
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtwebkit-webview.html
> mentions
>
> Import Statement: 	import QtWebKit 3.0
>

> yet the example has
>
> import QtWebView 1.0
>
> (note that QtWebView has a red underline in editor)
>
> Also the doc promises loadHtml() method, but that does not seem to exist.
>
> I'm not sure what is going on, perhaps some confusion with QtQuick1
> WebView which I believe was completely different, based on WebKit?
>
> Also, I believe I saw something go by looking like on desktop
> WebEngine would be used to implement WebView?
>
> Searching in bugreports is a bit tedious as the name has been
> recycled, adding to the confusion.
>
> Any guidance?
>
> Harri

Ok, I think the correct documentation is here:

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5.4/qml-qtwebview-webview.html

(note that pressing F1 in QC will give you the wrong doc)

I have a question on a note in the docs:

*Note: *Due to platform limitations overlapping the WebView
<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5.4/qml-qtwebview-webview.html> and other QML
components is not supported.

I guess the above means it cannot be in an Item?
Which means it cannot be in a StackView page, at least if there is
anything else on the page besides the WebView, correct?
Can it be instantiated by Loader?

Thanks,

Harri