[Interest] Qt 5.3 vs Qt 5.4 (etc)

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Mon Jan 12 10:56:56 CET 2015

El Saturday 10 January 2015, René J.V. Bertin escribió:
> On Saturday January 10 2015 11:44:37 Tomasz Olszak wrote:
>
> Thanks again,
>
> >And here is interesting article about it:
> >https://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Binary_Compatibility_Issues_With_C++
>
> Yes, I knew that one, and that it mentions binary compatibility between
> "even bigger releases" of Qt. Still, to hang ABI compatibility only on the
> use of d pointers, that's a real leap of faith without a bit of
> confirmation (and you even have the perfect name for that ;) )

http://upstream.rosalinux.ru/versions/qt.html

There is at least "a bit" of confirmation, since there are attempts to detect
when binary compatibility is broken, but from the conversations of the Qt
developers I've read, is not possible to have a perfect 100% coverage of ABI
breaks if have to take into account all the platforms and compilers that Qt
supports.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2