[Interest] about the various debug configure options on OS X

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at theqtcompany.com
Mon Jan 19 11:05:23 CET 2015

Do a debug build (vs a release build).

> -debug-info

I can't find this option. Are you sure it's valid?

> -force-debug-info

Force the emission of debug information even for a release build.

> -[no-]separate-debug-info

Put the debug information into separate files.

> -developer-build

Changes a few defaults to make the build friendlier for developing of Qt (export of private for autotests, targetdir=builddir, debug only build ...)

I'm not aware of a documentation the options in depth.

> What do I use if I want to have a release build with full optimisation, but that
> also allows to have at least line numbers on the Qt calls in a crash backtrace,
> preferably without having to keep the .o files around (= the full build tree)?

You want

-release -force-debug-info

Regards

Kai