[Interest] about the various debug configure options on OS X

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:22:47 CET 2015

On Monday January 19 2015 10:05:23 Koehne Kai wrote:

Hi, and thanks!

> > -debug-info
>
> I can't find this option. Are you sure it's valid?

Indeed, it appears not to exist. My bad, I thought it could not be otherwise if there's a need for -force-debug-info ;)

> > -[no-]separate-debug-info
>
> Put the debug information into separate files.

Do you happen to know what those separate files are? .dSym bundles on OS X, perhaps?

> > What do I use if I want to have a release build with full optimisation, but that
> > also allows to have at least line numbers on the Qt calls in a crash backtrace,
> > preferably without having to keep the .o files around (= the full build tree)?
>
> You want
>
> -release -force-debug-info

You sure that shouldn't include -no-separate-debug-info (separate appears to be the default) and/or -no-strip?

R.