[Interest] Building Qt5 with Intel C++ under Windows

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jan 21 17:36:55 CET 2015

On Wednesday 21 January 2015 10:52:43 Carsten Schneemann wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> has anyone been successful with building Qt5 on Windows with the Intel
> compiler lately?

Yes, as recently as last month, using ICC 15. Which is when I fixed an error
that caused the QPA plugins to fail to link.

Please don't use any version except the most recent, as I don't have time to
test any other version.

> Notice that the error occurs in an auto-generated source file created from
> IDL interface description with the MS IDL compiler (don't take me for an
> expert on this; I haven't used COM et al. yet). So maybe this isn't a
> problem with Qt/iAccessible2, but a general incompatibility between icl and
> midl?
>
> Any ideas are highly appreciated :-),

I haven't run into this error. I'll start a build in the background and see if
the accessibility code is compiled. But I won't have time to investigate this
until mid-February.