[Interest] building only a platform plugin?

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at theqtcompany.com
Tue Jan 27 07:40:01 CET 2015

On 26 Jan 2015, at 17:18, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On systems that support multiple platform plugins, is it possible to build only a platform plugin?
> Specifically, on OS X, is it possible to build only the xcb platform plugin without building all of qtbase, so the possibility to display on a (remote) X11 server can be provided as an optional install for an otherwise default native/Cocoa Qt build?

Did you try it?

cd qt5/qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/xcb
qmake
make

For me it complains about headers not being found.  But if everything is in place, I wonder if configure would detect that it can build it, so that it would happen automatically.  Brew doesn’t seem to have a libxcb recipe though, so I haven’t tried.