[Interest] QML Drag: Create a shapshot of the dragged item

Carollo, Benedetto BCarollo at tmvse.com
Tue Jan 27 23:28:25 CET 2015

Hi there,
I don't know if I have found a bug or of the behaviour is the indented one.

Basically I'm trying to create a snapshot of a dragged item in QML.
I'm using Qt 5.4 but unfortunately when the qml object is hosted in a qquickwidget the qml method "grabToImage" doesn't work and on the console is shown the following error message: "Item::grabToImage: item's window is not visible".

You can see details on the following forum thread :
http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/52402/#216973

Is it a bug? Is so how do I report it? What kind of workaround can I use?
If the only approach is going via c++ what will be the best approach?

If the behaviour is the intended one, could  somebody please explain me the reason why ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Kind regards,

Ben