[Interest] Running FancyBrowser / QtWebKit example causes periodical wifi network delay & VOIP interruption, Qt 5.3.2, Windows 7 x64

Andre Barth Andre.Barth at autodesk.com
Wed Jan 28 20:21:53 CET 2015

Hi all,

When running the Fancybrowser example from the Qt 5.3.2 SDK I'm experiencing a periodical delay in transmitting network data over my wifi connection.

Doing a parallel [ping -t] to another machine inside the same subnetwork shows a spike-like increase of the ping time every 5 seconds or so. We cannot use voip / lync whilst the Qt-application is running due to the constant break-up of the data transmission.

Any ideas which area in the Webkit(?) code base might be causing that and/or where to best start looking?

This issue has been discussed here - sort of. Without any resolution, unfortunately.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23836918/qt-webkit-causes-performance-issue-network-traffic-spike

http://help.hipchat.com/forums/138883-suggestions-ideas/suggestions/5498448-some-kind-of-bug-unstable-ping-when-hipchat-runni

Thanks,
Andre